.

Icon IconFollow Me on Pinterest Icon linkedin

.

.

Monday, July 29, 2013

What I Know Now

 If you had asked me what I was thinking when I began homeschooling four years ago, I likely would have said panic. I really didn't know what I was getting myself into. I had only an inkling of how labor intensive it would become. Four years in a homeschool is like a lifetime. Each year the children grow and change so much. I have grown and changed right a long with them. I have learned that I LIKE teaching. There it's been said. I enjoy teaching my kids new things. I enjoy the research and preparation that goes into some of the lessons we do. I enjoy seeing their faces light up over a class we are having. I enjoy helping them unlock the mysteries of math. Who knew... when I was in school myself many years ago no one would have thought it possible. I certainly did not enjoy schooling myself and my attendance record proves that. There were a very small handful of topics that were interesting to me. All the fact drilling and memorization was a wearying task. I look at my children's education they are receiving and feel joy at the beautiful cursive writing they are doing and  I taught it to them.
Don't get me wrong there are the hair pulling days. The days I would rather be warm in bed then doing another phonics lesson. Still though teaching is a joyful experience and I am grateful to have the experience.




Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this blog :0)

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML