.

Icon IconFollow Me on Pinterest Icon linkedin

.

.

Friday, August 9, 2013

The Chore Jar for My Sanity! Week One.

 So I am a bit of a clean freak...well not really but I do have standards. I expect some things to stay at the very least tidy. We have a large dog who sheds so it's nice to keep on top of that as well. Of course with a small entryway we also have the shoe problem, which I don't get because we have a custom made shoe cubby system. With the kids getting older and us schooling year round I have found things sliding, sliding too much making Mondays nightmarish. I found myself running around cleaning up from the weekends mess and trying to make the home look the way I had just managed to get it to look on the previous Friday. I was getting irritated, I knew something had to change. The kids didn't seem to have any responsibilities or wouldn't take care of them without me getting after them as us Mom's do. Looking around on the internet I could see that many Mom's had come up with cutesy chore jars for their families. I decided to give it a go this week. Well I learned two things, one making it into a game caused fights. No one wants to trade their chore's with each other for 'fun'. The Whoo hoo no chores today cards were being found 'randomly' by one or the other daily....seemed a might suspicious if you ask me. The other thing I learned was even though we have many chores not all of them need doing daily. So having a jar where all the chores are put isn't sensible. I was pulling scrub the microwave daily. I hadn't even used it. So I have decided for week 2 of chore jar to eliminate the games and make two jars we have to draw from. That's right folks I said we. 10 chores each, except Dad who only has five because he isn't here everyday. I know some men may balk at the suggestion of doing anything but our fellow is pretty amiable. I shall keep you all posted on how week two with chores progresses.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber, excellent idea. Hope it works for you. Just stopping by to say hi and also to invite you to visit my blog. Hope to see you at my Boutique if you have time. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment on this blog :0)

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML