.

Icon IconFollow Me on Pinterest Icon linkedin

.

.

Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Homeschooling and Life

The most unforgivable part of being the lead organizer of a major event has always got to be the forgetting of one tiny detail. That one tiny detail is inevitably not so tiny in the big picture. For weeks I was organizing and planning our huge homeschool kick off party. It was planned down the last minute detail including the camera. Do you know what happened. No I didn't forget the camera...I forgot the camera card. I could seriously kick myself. So much work went into the making of our own pencil shaped pinata, so many sweet little kids took turns bashing it, 70 guests and no camera! Games a plenty, with laughter around, and no camera. Food galore and prizes to take home, no camera. Friends old and new, no camera. Oh kicking oneself almost seems lacking. Well the party was a huge success despite my picturelessness. The week here has started off with my dd being sick with a cold and flu. So she missed her second karate class. Luckily one of the other mom's was nice enough to pick up my ds so he didn't miss out. He sure is loving the class. Tonight he is off trying out an archery class. Which amazingly I discovered is free of charge and supplies the equipment! I think it is going to quickly become a family favorite as they hold the class twice a week all fall and winter. Brownies, junior girl guides was missed because of dd being sick. She was okay with that though as they were painting. After all the painting she did for the art show she was alright with having a wee break. Of course next week is the Canadian Thanksgiving holiday on Monday so that means both Brownies and karate will be cancelled. I have been busy posting great Canadian Thanksgiving resources this week on my facebook blog. If you haven't already stopped over be sure to so you don't miss out. I also am going to be working on Halloween printables for kids in the middle grades as part of our next themed blog printable hop later in the month. Be sure to stop back in for those.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this blog :0)

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML