.

Icon IconFollow Me on Pinterest Icon linkedin

.

.

Saturday, August 28, 2010

School Week Two.

Well still I am hobbling through lesson making on my old computer. So any images of the classroom or kids work will have to be posted later.
That being said. I almost felt like we got into a fantastic routine this past week. There were of course a couple of shaky moments but on the whole it went well. My grade two did a lot of math review and language also. My SK(Senior Kindergarten) was elevated to grade one work. And although she protested over some of it she can complete it with my help to read things for her. It can be so frustrating as a teacher knowing they can do the work and to have them complaining that they can't.
Anyway she also started on her word wall as we call it. A small magnetic whiteboard was put up and we focused on 'at' words this week. I put up magnetic 'at' and she had to create other words with the rest of the alphabet. We kept score and if she got ten right then she won a prize. If she got ten wrong then no prize. Needless to say she got the prizes for her repeated lists of at words throughout the week. I would write the at words on the board and when she had made them all up I asked her to read them to me. She balked at this as it seemed to complex. But gently and firmly I asked that she try. Because trying is better then sitting there saying you can't. So she did. I think she likes to memorize though as she looked away and was reciting from memory. Also a clue that I am on the right track with her being more of a visual learner.
We also started a french class as it was their decision to do a second language. I chose french for two reasons. One I took it in PS and highschool and can handle the basics without a curriculum. And two I simply wasn't ready to learn Japanese, which is what DD wanted me to teach. LOL.
It went well as we covered both numbers to ten and colors. I would say my DS has the advantage of being able to read so most work is easier for him.
And so went this week the end of term four is coming up. I have decided to make each year into quarters. Have them set goals for each quarter and tell them my expectations for them. DS wants to fly before the end of the term. :) I told him I want him to be able to do addition, subtraction and multiplication quickly and easily before we really tackle division. He is chomping at the bit, crazy boy, to learn division. :P
My daughters aspiration for this term was to see a 'field of flowers.' Well I just want her to be further along in reading by the end of term.



Subscribe to Our Blog Updates!




Share this article!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to comment on this blog :0)

Return to top of page
Powered By Blogger | Design by Genesis Awesome | Blogger Template by Lord HTML